LOS ANGELES (Oct. 26, 2022) – Today, players can embark on a brand-new adventure in SQUARE ENIX®’s action RPG STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN™ with the release of its second expansion “Wanderer of the Rift,” now available on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC via the Epic Games Store. Developed in collaboration with Team NINJA from KOEI TECMO GAMES, creators of the NINJA GAIDEN and Nioh series, Wanderer of the Rift picks up the storyline in recently released expansion Trials of the Dragon King, in which players can pit Jack and his allies against Gilgamesh, the dimension traveling fan-favorite character from the FINAL FANTASY series.
Watch the STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN Wanderer of the Rift launch trailer here: https://youtu.be/f6HEY5ix0rw
New content in the Wanderer of the Rift expansion includes:
- New Missions – After clearing the first expansion, Trials of the Dragon King, players can dive into new missions and experience an original story featuring Gilgamesh.
- New Job: Blue Mage – Players can unlock the Blue Mage job by progressing through the Wanderer of the Rift story missions. As a Blue Mage, players can learn enemy abilities and turn them into their own powers, either as instant abilities through Soul Shield or by equipping certain accessories.
- GILGAMESH Difficulty Level – While playing on this new difficulty mode, players can obtain special relic equipment imbued with various special effects. Players can utilize these additional special effects while facing off against more challenging combat with higher level enemies, including “chaotic monsters,” which, when defeated, will grant greater rewards.
- Dimension Bringer – Once this new game mechanic is activated, enemies in the vicinity of the dimension bringer will be slowed down, with the damage the player inflicts increasing each time an action ability is used. When the effect is active, a special attack can be unleashed which rapidly takes down the foe with combos.
- Monster Bells – Players can receive a Monster Bell to aid them in battle by finding a summonstone and completing a special event with that monster. Players can increase their affinity with their monster through conversations, feeding it and using items.
STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN Wanderer of the Rift expansion is now available at no additional cost through the game’s Season Pass, which is included in the Digital Deluxe Edition. The Season Pass can be purchased for $24.99 and is also included in the Digital Deluxe Upgrade for $30.00. The Season Pass will give owners access to the first expansion Trials of the Dragon King, as well as the upcoming “DIFFERENT FUTURE” expansion.
STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN is rated M for Mature by the ESRB. For more information, visit: https://www.square-enix-games.com/sopffo
Official Website: https://www.square-enix-games.com/sopffo
About STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN
STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN™ is a new action RPG by Square Enix Ltd. in collaboration with Team NINJA from KOEI TECMO GAMES, that brings a bold, new vision to the FINAL FANTASY® series. Jack and his allies, Ash and Jed, burn with the resolve to defeat Chaos as they throw open the gates to the Chaos Shrine. Yet doubts remain – are they truly the Warriors of Light the prophecy foretold? Step into a world of dark fantasy and revel in the exhilarating action-packed battles.
ABOUT KOEI TECMO GAMES
KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. is a subsidiary of KOEI TECMO HOLDINGS CO., LTD., headquartered in Yokohama, Japan. KOEI TECMO GAMES consists of six development brands creating innovative and iconic game series extending across a wide range of genres: KOU SHIBUSAWA, ω-Force, Team NINJA, Gust, Ruby Party, and midas. Signature series include ROMANCE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS, NOBUNAGA’S AMBITION, Winning Post, DYNASTY WARRIORS, SAMURAI WARRIORS, Toukiden, Nioh, NINJA GAIDEN, DEAD OR ALIVE, Atelier Ryza, BLUE REFLECTION, Angelique, and La Corda d'Oro.
For more information: www.koeitecmo.co.jp/e/
ABOUT Team NINJA
Team NINJA is one of KOEI TECMO GAMES' six brands, with development teams specializing in creating hardcore action games. Their most famous series include: NINJA GAIDEN, DEAD OR ALIVE and Nioh, and the team consistently develops new titles that receive praise from all around the world.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 173 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com
# # #
©2022 KOEI TECMO GAMES/SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
CHARACTER DESIGN: TETSUYA NOMURA
LOGO ILLUSTRATION: ©2021 YOSHITAKA AMANO
FINAL FANTASY, the STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN logo, DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, and TAITO are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. “PlayStation,” “PS4” and “PS5” are a registered trademark or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.